§ 1 General conditions
The following regulations apply to the participants of Symposium on Advanced Technologies and Materials, ATAM 2020, which will be held on 5-8 October 2020 at the main organizer’s seat in Wrocław, Poland (“the Conference”). The main organizer of the Conference is the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, seated at 147 Stabłowicka str., 54-027 Wrocław, Poland (hereinafter: the “Institute” or “Ł-PORT”). This document regulates also the rules of the participants’ online registration process through the website of the Conference, hereinafter referred to as the rules of the Conference participation and the rules of privacy law.
§ 2 Application
- Application for participation in the Conference can exclusively be made by filling out the application form available on the website of the Conference: atam.port.org.pl before the deadline specified by the Organizer, specified in § 4.
- The confirmation of registration will be sent to the e-mail address provided by the participant.
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel the application due to excessive amount of people interested in participating in the Conference or for other important reasons.
§ 3 Payment
The Conference program, the Conference fee and the deadline for its payment together with information on the range of services the fee covers are listed on the conference website (on the subpages: Program/Timetable, Registration, Dates). The payments can be done either by the participant or an institution he/she represents.
§ 4 Resignation from the Conference
Resignation from participation in the Conference should be made in writing by sending an e-mail to the address email@example.com. In case of resignation before August 15, 2020 the Organizers will return the full payment – if already made – reduced by all the transfer costs. If the notification on resignation will be made after August 15, 2020 but before September 15, 2020, the Organizers will return 50% of the made payment additionally reduced by all the transfer costs. No reimbursements will be possible in the case of resignations on which the Organizers will be informed after October 01, 2020.
§ 5 Organizer Commitments
- The Organizer will make every effort to organize the conference according to the highest standards. The Organizer reserves the right to make changes in the program of the conference and this cannot be a basis for directing any financial claims.
- The organizer reserves the right to refuse service to those, who has not paid the fee.
§ 6 Participant Liability
- Participants are required to familiarize themselves with these regulations and fully accept it.
- Each participant agrees to pay the fee for the conference at the specified time and in the manner specified by the Organizer.
- Each participant agrees to the processing of personal data and usage of participant’s image for the purposes of organized conference.
§ 7 Personal data security and handling
According to art. 13 par. 1 and par. 2 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), Organizer would like to inform that:
- The administrator of personal data is Ł-PORT based in Wrocław, operating in the form of an institute included in the Łukasiewicz Research Network, being a state legal entity, having legal personality, operating on the basis of an entry in the National Court Register with the number 0000300736; NIP (Tax Identification Number): 8943140523.
- The administrator has appointed a Data Protection Officer – a person who is responsible for contact in all matters regarding the processing of personal data and the exercise of rights related to data processing. The Inspector should be contacted by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at the address of the Administrator’s seat (Stabłowicka 147 str., 54-066 Wrocław, Poland).
- Participant’s personal data shall be processed only for the purpose of registration and participation in the conference Symposium on Advanced Technologies and Materials, ATAM 2020 organized by Ł-PORT.
- The handling and processing of participant personal data is based on: art. 6 par. 1 sub. a) of the General data protection regulation, that is – the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes and art. 6 par. 1 sub. b), that is – processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- The provision of participant personal information is voluntary, however such information is necessary for the registration and participation in the Conference.
- Participant data shall not be transferred to a third country nor shall be made available to third-party bodies and shall be kept for the time indispensable for the realization of the purposes of processing.
- Participant have the right to access her/his data, the right to request for rectification, deletion or limitation of processing, data portability and to object the processing of data. Participant have the right to withdraw consent to data processing at any time, lodging a complaint to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (to the address of the Office for Personal Data Protection, str. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw). The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- The personal data processed for the purpose of organizing the Conference are not subject to automated decision making, including profiling.
§ 8 Consent to use participant’s image
- During the Conference, the Organizer may take photos and film its course for the purposes of documentation, promotion and advertising of the Organizer or the Conference.
- Participation in the Conference is tantamount to expressing free, unlimited in quantity, time or territory, consent to free use, processing, reproduction and multiple dissemination of the participant’s image recorded in photos taken during the Conference without the need to approve them each time, for information, promotion and advertising purposes of the Conference. The above consent is unequivocal with the fact that photographs and recordings made during the Conference may be placed on the Internet, including primarily on the Conference website at atam.org.port.pl and open or closed websites and on social networks Facebook, Twitter etc.
- The Conference participant confirms by completing and submitting the form of participation in the Conference that he consents to the free use of his image, voice, speech, recorded during the Conference, within the scope of paragraph 8 (2) above. In case the participant refuses to give consent to use his or her image, the participant is obliged to inform by electronic means of the lack of consent to record the image no later than on the first day after the end of the Conference.
- The Conference participant confirms by completing and submitting the Conference participation form that he consents to free use of his or her image, voice, speech, recorded during the Conference, within the scope of paragraph 8 (2). In case the participant refuses to give consent to use his or her image, the participant is obliged to inform by electronic means of the lack of consent to record the image no later than on the first day after the end of the Conference.
§ 9 Final regulations
- If the conference does not take place for reasons caused by the Organizer, the Organizer shall promptly return the payments made by the participants to their designated bank accounts or directly on a payment card from which the payment was made.
- If the conference does not take place for reasons beyond the Organizer the so-called “Force majeure" (eg, flood, fire, etc.) the Participant shall not be entitled to compensation or reimbursement of any fees associated with participation in the Conference as well as the costs of additional services ordered by the participants from the Organizer.
- These Regulations shall enter into force on the date of its entry on the website: atam.port.org.pl
- The organizer has the right to change the terms and regulations. All amendments shall enter into force within seven days from the day they are published on the website.